A successful International Workshop “Local leadership in sustainable energy”
User: Municipality of Vratsa
The event was organized in the framework of the High Level Policy Conference during EUSEW 2013.
The main organizer of the joint event was Municipality of Vratsa with the support of Camber of Commerce Vratsa and five projects, financed by Intelligent Energy Europe programme, and more exactly: CONURBANT, LEAP, Covenant capaCITY, ERENET and CASCADE projects.
The event’s goal was to increase the number of Municipalities signing the Covenant of Mayors and to help them in the elaboration, implementation and monitoring of their SEAPs in order to answer of challenge of energy and climate targets for 2020.
The first part of the session was dedicated to the lessons learnt from SEAPs development and implementation including examples and good practices, success factors and barriers. In addition the impact and effectiveness of the peer-to-peer approach and how to use it was presented.
Of the second part of the event speakers from the Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation of Brussels presented the new financial opportunities - Horizon 2020, Intelligent Energy Europe, ELENA Facility and other schemes as well as their vision for the next programming period. Some best practices were been shown from our partners.
The conference passed with great interest and was attended by over 50 participants.
The presentations of the workshop speakers are available on the download page of the Conurbant website.
- Presentation Federica Fontana (PDF Document)
- Presentation Diane Smith (PDF Document)
- Presentation Marika Rosa (PDF Document)
- Presentation Ioanna Tsalakanidou (PDF Document)
- Presentation John Psarras (PDF Document)
- Presentation Giorgia Rambelli (PDF Document)
- Presentation EACI Vassilia Argyraki (PDF Document)
- Presentation EACI Eric Koch (PDF Document)
- Presentation Michele Zuin (PDF Document)
- Presentation City of Warsaw (PDF Document)
- Programme (PDF Document)