Launch of Energy Forums in Alba Iulia Municipality
User: Municipality of Alba Iulia
On November 14th at 14h00 the fourth Energy Forum was held in the Conurbant partner Municipality –Alba Iulia. The event was organised in one of Alba Iulia’s Conurbation villages, Ighiu. The event was very successful and it was attended by the Mayor and a number of 26 local stakeholders, providing very constructive results.
The event was moderated by the project manager Mr Lorincz Gyula George, and by Mr Florin Andronescu, technical expert, which have offered the support for this small community situated in the area of the partner Municipality - Alba Iulia in order to promote activities in the field of sustainable energy and to achieve the Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP) through an inclusive peer-to-peer approach.
Another topic discussed during the forum was on raising the awareness of citizens regarding efficient energy products, low energy consumption and reduced CO2 emissions, and the involvement of local authorities in order to reduce energy consumption. Furthermore, the BEI analysis (Baseline Emission Inventory) which will help the community in developing their Sustainable Energy Action Plan was presented together with the presentation of the Conurbant project and the exposure of the objectives of the Covenant of Mayors.
The outcome of the forum is a list of different measures which the Municipality can include in the SEAP:
- recreation and playing parks;
- restoration of damaged grazing lands;
- afforestation of damaged grazing lands;
- encouraging the use of biomass for heating;
- realization of roads and footpaths in order to shorten the distance to Alba Iulia;
- finishing the potable and sewage system;
- extension of the public system.
- picture (GIF Image)
- BEI Analysis (PDF Document)
- List of Attendance (PDF Document)
- Conurbant Presentation (PDF Document)
- Covenant of Mayors (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation)